Monday, April 9, 2012

Young at Heart

My Easter weekend was full of fun and wonderful things:
  • The drive in (Hunger Games)
  • Laughing and giggling
  • Dinner with old friends
  • Baking with wonderful people
  • Sunday Church
  • Choirs
  • Bubbles
  • Jenga towers
  • Bird breads and colored eggs
  • Studying late with the window open
  • Laughing and giggling all over again

Someone very wonderful showed this to me and when I watched it, the best description for how I felt was that my heart was overflowing. Music makes me so happy.



I love blowing bubbles... It is amazing to me that something so simple, soap and a circle can create such joy. Whether it is a small child or a twenty year old, the fascination never dissipates. I love doing things that make me feel like a child again; things that make me forget that the future is looming over me, demanding my attention. Children possess a gift, one that we lose over time: the ability to live completely and wholly in the present. So, when I run around the back yard with a bubble wand (for instance), I have the ability forget about the things that worry me and just be. Be with the people I love and give them my full attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment