Sunday, November 24, 2013

quiet time.

"Life is a mixed bag no matter who you are"
~ About Time

Sleep and myself have not been on good terms as of late... With the darkness come the nightmares. Things I scarcely let myself think of in the daylight creep into my dreams and turn my nights into cold sweats and panic. Not all nights are bad...

Tonight, as I lay awake in my bed, writing down the things I am thankful for during this day, I stop and realize I am thankful for quiet... The quiet moments when I notice the trains chugging along the tracks a few miles from my house, the wind chime below my window that has been my constant bedtime lullaby since childhood, or the busy cars passing with people going who knows where. The time when I say nothing but feel everything, the only time I let myself feel everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment